'www.soapmarked.com' Soapmarked: Plotting and scheming

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Plotting and scheming

I've finally accumulated enough stock of bar soaps and have a couple weeks between festivals, so I've got some time to work on adding new products, yay! I'm whipping and stirring and smelling and making Mark smell things he thinks are weird. (Mark thinks lots of the things I do are weird anyway. He's thought I was weird ever since we first met.)

I want to add a line of body products to my wee soapies and I'm having a lot of fun plotting which ones to make and testing recipes. Yesterday I made whipped Shea butter. It looks like whipped cream and feels incredible on the skin. This one will definitely make it into our product line, but later on in the year when it won't melt when it's shipped or at market! Right now I'm contemplating scents for it. Perhaps vanilla, lavender, rose or chocolate and unscented.

Incredible whipped Shea butter. Too bad it's not edible.

I'm developing a liquid soap recipe as well. It's interesting. First it's a liquid, then a paste, then a liquid again.


Pastey almost liquid soap.

Liquidy liquid soap.
Mark testing liquidy liquid soap. It works!





I added some sweet orange EO to the liquid soap and showered with it. Note to self, liquid soap does NOT work well on hair. But it works really well on skin! When I got out of the shower Mark couldn't stop smelling me and ended up finishing off all the orange juice in the house.

Besides these, I am learning to make lotions and lip balms. It's fun and useful stuff! The problem is holding myself back and adding things slowly enough to keep up with the production.

No comments:

Post a Comment